280g of basmati rice (or wholegrain if you prefer)
1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
2 medium onions, finely sliced
Pinch dried of mixed herbs or thyme
32 button mushrooms, washed and sliced
1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
Black pepper, to taste
300g of lean beef, cut into thin strips
1 teaspoon of paprika
4 tablespoons of low-fat crème fraiche
12 tablespoons of green beans (360g)
1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, chopped
Beef Stroganoff Directions
- 1. Cook the rice according to packet instructions, omitting any salt.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook the onion and dried herbs for 5
minutes until the onion is soft.
3. Add the mushrooms, garlic and black pepper and fry gently for a further 3 -4 minutes before
removing from the pan and setting aside.
4. Add the beef and paprika to the pan and fry until the beef is browned.
5. Turn the heat down to low, return the vegetables to the pan and gently stir in the crème
fraiche. Cook gently for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
6. As your stroganoff cooks, boil or microwave the green beans. Boiling will take 6-8 minutes,
microwaving will take 2-3 depending on the power of your microwave.
7. When the rice is cooked, drain and serve with the creamy Stroganoff and beans.
|Saturated fat (g):||1.4g|