Baked chicken goujons
125g/4½oz fresh fine breadcrumbs
½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
pepper, to taste
4 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
50g/2oz plain flour
3 medium free-range eggs, beaten
2 tbsp vegetable oil
Baked chicken goujons Directions
- 1. Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5. Oil two baking trays with vegetable oil.
2. Mix the breadcrumbs, cayenne pepper in a shallow bowl. Season, to taste, with salt and
freshly ground black pepper. Place the flour in another shallow bowl.
3. Dip the chicken pieces in plain flour, then in the beaten egg and finally coat in the
breadcrumbs. Shake off the excess and lay the chicken goujons on the oiled baking tray. (The
process is easier if you keep one hand clean of egg for dipping the chicken in the flour and
4. Drizzle the goujons all over with more of the vegetable oil.
5. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, turning once. Remove from the oven when completely
cooked through and golden-brown all over.
6. Serve with potato wedges and vegetables (see recipe for sweet potato and carrot mash and
|Saturated fat (g):||1g|