Brown fried rice with chicken and vegetables
200g/8 oz chicken breast - diced
1 medium onion - diced
1 medium courgette- diced
1 cup of sweetcorn
1 cup of green peas
2 cups of cooked broccoli - cut into small florets
2 cups of brown rice
1 tbs sesame oil
2 tbs soy sauce - low sodium
1 tbs rice vinegar
1 cup of scallions - minced
Brown fried rice with chicken and vegetables Directions
- 1. Add brown rice to 3 c of water, cover and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Heat a wok or large pan over medium-high heat and spray with non-stick spray.
3. Saute chicken breast about 4 minutes per side. No need to move the chicken constantly - let
it brown and gain flavor.
4. Once cooked, remove from pan and reserve.
5. In the same pan, add onion and courgette; cook for 3-4 minutes.
6. Add sweetcorn, peas and broccoli.
7. Stir fry for about 2 minutes to heat.
8. Move the veggies to the perimeter of the pan and in the middle, add the egg.
9. Using a wooden spoon, quickly stir the egg to scramble.
10. Add the cooked brown rice, cooked chicken and sesame oil. Stir well to distribute the oil and
spread the rice and veggies all over the pan.
11. Walk away from the pan and let the ingredients brown a bit.
12. After about 2 minutes, stir and let sit for another 2 minutes to brown.
13. Add soy sauce, rice vinegar and scallions. Stir well and serve.
|Saturated fat (g):||0.5g|