Dietitians Added to Critical Skills Occupation List (Oct 2021)
- Qualified as a dietitian outside of Ireland and/or
did not undertake the Irish
If a person is being offered a post as dietitian, and they are registered as a dietitian with the dietitian registration board of CORU, and if they require an Employment Permit to Work in the Ireland then see the following website for more information on employment permits HERE
There is a step by step guide on the process for submitting an OnLine Employment Permit application at epos.djei.ie.
- the permit process should be submitted fully within 28 days or the paused application is deleted from the Employment Permits Online System (EPOS).
- The permit process should be undertaken about 12 weeks before the start date. As of mid October 2021, the permit applications for July 1 2021 are being processed, so about a 12 week backlog
- passport details of the candidate are required (Passport must be 6 months in date at time of new application being submitted).
- a contract of employment signed by the employing organisation and the employee must be included in the application
- the duration of the contract must be a minimum of 2 years when applying for a Critical Skills Employment Permit.
- Ensure the signature pages of the application are submitted with application (check Workid number matches application form)
- When the above has been completed and employment permit has issued, then the requirement for applying for an entry visa should be undertaken (if applicable). See below for more information
**Many thanks to Dietitian Manager Mary McKiernan for all her work on this important issue