Vegetarian Ratatouille with Sunken Eggs
1 onion, chopped
1 large aubergine, cubed
3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
1 yellow pepper, finely chopped
1 green pepper, finely chopped
2 tins chopped tomatoes
1 tin lentils (of your choice)
1 low-salt vegetable stock cube
3 cloves garlic, crushed
30g mozzarella cheese, grated
4 wholegrain pitta bread toasted, and each cut in four
Freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp. Herbs de Provence
Vegetarian Ratatouille with Sunken Eggs Directions
- 6. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with toasted pitta bread.
1. Pre-heat a large saucepan and add the oil. Add the onions and cook for 2 minutes.
2. Add the celery and gently cooked until soft. Add the aubergine and cook for 2 minutes. Add
the peppers and cook for a further 3 minutes.
3. Add the vegetable stock and the tomatoes and stir well. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove the lid and cook until a thick sauce forms.
4. When the vegetable are cooked, add the lentils and heat through.
5. Make 4 hollows in the middle. Crack an egg into each hole. Close the lid and allow the eggs
to get firm.
Serving size 582 vegetarian
|Saturated fat (g):||0.6g|